At the CASA center we accept: Children of all sexes, skin colors or religions; Children aged 8 to 16; Children who live on the street (day and night); Children who only spend the day on the street; Children of families in extreme poverty; “Difficult” children who need re-education.
The services present in our structure are: Food support (following a balanced diet) Literacy courses (study of basic subjects) Medical support (treatment of diseases, wounds, malaria tests …) Hygienic support (cleaning of clothes, personal cleaning ..) Psychological support (individual and community) Legal support (for beneficiaries and their families) Leisure activities (outdoor and indoor games) Artistic / creative workshops (crafts, cineforum, […]
The CASA Center is made up of the following rooms: Class room Office for psychological and social assistance Refectory Kitchen Storage area Craft workshop Pharmacy / Outpatient Clinic Showers / clothes washing area Leisure garden (basketball, football, volleyball) Executive Office
The methods that the CASA Center adopts to search for beneficiaries are: The street child comes to the CASA Center asking for help and asking to be able to participate in our program; The family comes to the CASA Center explaining their problems and needs regarding the child; The collaborators of the CASA GOMA association identify the beneficiaries on the […]
The children, after having been enrolled in the CASA Center, remain at the Center (using all the services of the structure) for a period of time ranging from a minimum of 1 month to a maximum of 4 months.Every child and every family needs specific needs and psychological and social support different from any other beneficiary.The CASA Center therefore adapts […]
On average, over the course of a year at the CASA Center, more than 120 children benefit from 100% of our services and more than 100 families benefit from psychological and social support.Furthermore, in the most difficult cases, the CASA GOMA association also gives the possibility of free legal support to the beneficiaries of the CASA Center.
Absolutely no! Any service that Centro CASA offers to children and families in need is 100% free. The only thing that is required is compliance with the rules of the CASA GOMA Association (essential for achieving our goals).
If you are planning to come here to Goma for a volunteer experience, visit our VOLUNTEERING page and you will find all the answers to your questions.
At the CASA center we have all types of existing expenses for the growth and maintenance of a child or a family, therefore we find: Food expenses (breakfast and lunch) Medical expenses Hygiene / health expenses (toothbrushes, toothpaste, sponges, soap, towels, etc.) Study expenses (notebooks, pens, pencils, rulers, sharpeners, rulers, folders, etc.) Leisure expenses (playing cards, balls, shirts, pencil colors, […]
80% of the activities and expenses of the CASA Center are financed by individuals (especially Italians) who occasionally or constantly make donations through our fundraising channels.The remaining 20% is instead supported by parishes and associations (mainly Italian). If you too want to be among the 80% who help us survive, visit our DONATE page.